Friday, November 19, 2010

Pumpkin Cheesecake gone array

So here is a random post for all of you. Our ward had a Halloween Chili/Pie cook off. I decided to try something new and went for a double layered pumpkin cheesecake. Oh boy, the pictures looked so good, and I can follow a recipe right. What could go wrong? First you bake the crust and let it cool. I didn't have time so it was still warm when I put the filling in. The filling,by the way, tasted great when I licked the spoon. It says to bake it until the center is nearly set. Ok done. It looks good. Kathy gave me the idea to drizzle it with caramel so I do. It was supposed to look like a spider web, but turned into blobs of hardened caramel. Not appetizing:( but you can get past looks if it tastes amazing, so oh well. Ok enter the ward party and see lots of yummy pies. I decided I should at least taste my wonderful creation. It was AWFUL!!! It was not cooked nearly long enough. Both the pie and crust were just a gooey mess with hard caramel to top it off. Oh my goodness. I'm not being modest when I say I should have thrown the rest away. I would have too, but by the time I got back up there it was gone. :( To think that others actually partook of my mishap. So sad. To make it worse, the recipe with my name was included in the recipe handout. Oh well. You live and learn. And then listen to your husband who told you the whole time that you should probably try it out before you take it to a ward function. I think I'll try baking a cheesecake again, but not anytime soon. It will not concur me! To make up for it I did make some awesome pumpkin creamcheese wheels. Everyone loved those:) I'll give you that recipe if you want. hahaha

1 comment:

  1. okay...your last post was your new house, then your cheesecake fiasco....what about your new baby! :) you're too funny!

    ReplyDelete