Monday, April 27, 2009

Long Interesting Day

Let me tell you about my Saturday. It all started when we tried to go "yardsale-ing" at 8:30am. Of course it started raining so we only found two and they didn't have anything worth buying. What a waste of a Saturday morning. I left for Emily's State Solo and Ensemble early so we could hang out. When I got there she was starving so she ate Kaden's snacks from the diaper bag (cheese dipping crackers and fruit loops yummmmm). We talked for a while and showed off Autumn to Mrs. Tawa (she said she was perfect). They were running way late so Emily didn't sing until 1:15ish. I thought she did a great job. I recorded it so you can all hear her beautiful voice too.

I wanted to get home quick so I could get a nap while Kaden was still sleeping, but it wasn't to be. First of all it was still raining, only much harder now. I needed to return something to Target so I opted to stay on State street instead of the freeway. Bad Idea! It was under construction so we had to detour and that took forever with very long lights. I hate driving in heavy traffic with pouring rain! So I finally got to Target and ran through the rain so Autumn wouldn't freeze. I went to return the item and of all things somehow the receipt was gone. It flew out of the bag in the rush to get out of the rain. So I had to go back in the rain with my baby to put it back in the car and then back into the store to get one lousy jug of milk. What a mess. I was soaked and pretty upset. By now Autumn is starving, but I just wanted to get home, so I listened to her cry for most of the way, poor baby. Everything was fine once I got home to Nathan. He just laughed at my story. No sympathy from him, go figure. haha at least it's over. Later that evening we drove through a bunch of tiny towns like Genola, Goshen, and Elberta to get to a wedding reception in Eureka. It was a longer drive than we thought, but it was pretty fun. I even saw an old friend from LD's there. She was married to the Bride's brother, now that's a small world. Nathan laughed that LD's is taking over the world. I can't go anywhere without seeing someone I know. haha Eureka of all places. We sang really loud to the radio all the way home and Kaden was the loudest. Anyway, Kathy reminded me of this video when we called to get better directions to the wedding. I hope you like it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqR0-FUQyp0

I'm sorry this was so long. Thanks for hanging in to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment